Things about marriage...

With Mr K away on a golfing trip, I have been reflecting on all things marriage! You have to know some of my history first....

HISTORY



At the ripe old age of 23, I married Mr M. Mr M was amazing....at first. We were best friends, we did everything together, we travelled, we formed a circle of good buddies.

When Mr M decided to renovate his workspace, we hired a couple from Germany who did a fabulous job and who became our main buddies. Things were awesome for about 6 months....we saw our German buddies almost every day, we travelled with them, we met their friends, their families, stayed with their family in Germany, went to parties (raves), and generally had a ball!

Then things started to go pear shaped...Mr M was introduced to drugs...and took them. I was not so stupid. Mr M started drinking...a lot. I don't drink. Mr M started being mean...telling me over and over that whatever I did was simply "not good enough". That I was too fat...that I was stupid and would never do anything with my life. He started taking my wages to pay the bills and home loan (I was only earning $300 a week). He controlled me....

After 2 years of marriage, I got strong. I walked out on him, went the see my grandfather who helped me...rented a one bedroom unit, bought a click clack for a couch/bed, a small fridge and a small washing machine. I was out of the house with all my stuff within 24 hrs...

I would like to say that I've never looked back, but unfortunately Mr M left some pretty deep emotional scars. My self esteem was pretty much gone, I had lost all my friends, Mr and Mrs Germany turned their backs on me.

After all this drama, I contacted an old school friend and asked her if she could give me some of our school mates' phone numbers....she gave me Mr K's number.

To be continued

...